Due to a shortage of talent and tight labor market do your recruiters have the tools and resources in place to fill your hiring needs in a timely manner? Are your recruiters leveraging multiple sourcing channels to identify, attract and engage both active and especially passive candidates?
If you’re having difficulties with sourcing and hiring the right talent, check out our list of the sourcing channels and recruitment resources that you should consider adding to help drive better results.
Expand Channels For Unique And Advanced Level Candidate Sourcing
It’s important to remember that a successful recruiting program not only relies on an applicant tracking system (ATS) that primarily serves as a tool for processing inbound job applicants generated from different job advertisements.
It’s important to focus your efforts on developing or improving your ability to direct source talent from your competitors and other companies that employ the type of talent that fits your unique company mold. These sourcing channels can and should include:
- Develop an employee referral program
- Create partnerships with institutes/universities
- Mine your internal resume database
- Post jobs on specialized, niche job boards using strong job descriptions that attract top talent
- Engage with a recruiting firm before making your decision
Upgrade Or Implement an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
An ATS can help employers automate many of their recruiting and hiring processes, which leads to increased productivity, stronger employer branding, and better candidate experience. If you’re using an older, legacy system that leads to work harder not smarter user experience, such as having to click through too many screens or forcing candidates to fill out too many data fields, then it’s time to upgrade to a more advanced system.
There are dozens of applicant tracking systems to choose from these days, some great and some that really shouldn’t be in business, so take plenty of time to thoroughly evaluate your options to ensure you select the best package for your particular needs. In addition, we strongly encourage you to thoroughly check customer references once you narrow your ATS choices down to a few finalists, as many software providers are very good at putting on a strong demo but often times fail to address limitations or issues with their software.
What does a Strong ATS look like?
- Excellent communication and sourcing capabilities to identify and engage candidates quickly with as little effort as possible e.g. SMS texting and drip email campaigns
- Fewer clicks and data entry requirements
- Social media sharing & website integration for job postings
- Strong reporting capabilities to track and measure recruiter productivity and KPIs
- Omni-platform system: accessible via mobile phone, tablet, and computer
- EEOC & OFCCP compliant (critical if you are a government contractor)
- Robust online training & excellent customer support
- Integration / syncing with your email service provider and calendar
- Automates routine steps in the process (candidate scheduling & communications)
- Integration with free and paid job boards to reduce administrative burdens associated with manual job postings
- Integration with your ERP or HRIS system is a plus to improve data reporting while mitigating duplicate data entry tasks
Implement Additional Candidate Sourcing & Recruiting Tools
There are dozens of tools beyond an ATS system that can simplify your ability to identify top talent and streamline your recruiting process. These tools range from add-ons for your ATS and CRM system to browser extensions that can aid with finding email addresses, to email add-ons that allow you to gain deeper insights into candidates and more.
We’ve included some highly reputable resources below that cover the top tools, systems and sourcing methodologies that your organization can explore for improving your ability to source and recruit supply chain talent.
For more information and further details about services, please contact us now to GET FREE QUOTES.